Lemongrass Essential Oil
Rejuvenate and awaken with drops of zesty energy.
Lemongrass, an iconic tropical plant in Southeast Asia, has been popular for centuries largely for its benefits in its therapeutic properties and in culinary, too. The Lemongrass Essential Oil chases away not just your fatigue, but bugs as well! Lemongrass is a favoured type of insect repellent, as it is all-natural with a citrus and herbaceous scent loved by humans. Keep yourself vitalised with a sense of joie de vivre by adding drops of the exotic Lemongrass Essential Oil to your daily routine.
Essential oils that blend well with Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- Clary Sage
Uses of Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- Repels insects such as mosquitoes or aphids
- Eases stomach pain or diarrhoea
- Rejuvenates and promotes alertness
- Supports wellness and encourage skin health
- Promotes absorption of nutrients
Ways to use Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- Diffuser: Fill your room with the scent by adding drops of essential oil into your diffuser.
- Topical application: Apply drops of essential oil onto your skin, especially on your temples and wrists. Optional: Dilute with a carrier oil or lotion to minimise skin sensitivity.
- Steam: Add just one drop of the essential oil to a hot bowl of water, put a towel over your head and the bowl, close your eyes and inhale deeply.
- Spray: Mix a few drops of the essential oil with water, shake well and spray directly onto your clothes or yoga mat.
- Hot bath: Add 2–3 drops into a warm bath with Epsom salts to create a relaxing, renewing experience.
Note of caution: When you’re dispensing essential oils in the air, consider pregnant or breastfeeding women, children, or pets in your environment as some essential oils may not be suitable for them.