How To: DIY Manuka Honey Lotion
Take your jar of manuka honey from the kitchen to the bathroom!
One of the health benefits of manuka honey is that it is absolutely wonderful for your skin. If you’ve haven’t yet tried our DIY Manuka Honey Cleanser or DIY Manuka Honey Facial Mask, get on it now! We promise you’ll be wowed by how great your skin will feel afterwards.
Why is manuka honey good for skin? Well, the antibacterial and antioxidant properties of manuka honey means that it’s an effective natural remedy for skin problems such as acne, eczema or psoriasis. It also contains anti-inflammatory qualities that soothe the skin. As a natural humectant, manuka honey helps to draw moisture and hydrate your skin. It also balances your skin’s pH!
If you’re looking for another way to use your manuka honey, try this recipe DIY Manuka Honey Lotion. This all-natural lotion is a fantastic alternative to store-bought brands, and equally as soothing and hydrating on your skin!
Recipe for DIY Manuka Honey Lotion
- 2 tsp manuka honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1 Vitamin E oil capsule
- 10 drops of lavender oil (or any other essential oil of your choice)
- Melt down the coconut oil and shea butter in a double boiler and mix them together.
- Let the mixture cool completely, then mix in the manuka honey and the Vitamin E oil.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, until it is partially solid.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the partially solid mixture until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Add the lavender oil, and then whip the mixture until it is well-incorporated.
- Your lotion is done! Store it in a tightly-capped jar or container, in a cool dry place. It will last approximately 6 months.
*Recipe adapted from Beauty Munsta